What's new

Sleeves/case for bare SP3?

Stockholmstar

Hi Group,
I'm searching for a sleeve/case that offers a snug fit for a bare SP3. Most sleeves on sale are made to accommodate an SP3 with the type cover on. And I don't want that because I seldom use it on.
Ideas?
Ulf

I have this one: Maroo Synthetic Leather Folio for Surface Pro 3

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-Surface-Pro-3-Dark-Brown/productID.306257800

it does fit it with the type cover as well. however from the design it can be used without one just fine.

Features:
  1. Hard side to protect the screen
  2. Pen loop to hold your pen
  3. Magnetic closure
  4. a little heavy compared to plain old envelop style
  5. grippy faux leather back

Can you take pictures with the SP3 in it? I love the look of this one, but I'm looking for a case that's just big enough. I don't want a bunch of extra room, tight fit would be ideal. Thanks

nalbagli

Can you take pictures with the SP3 in it? I love the look of this one, but I'm looking for a case that's just big enough. I don't want a bunch of extra room, tight fit would be ideal. Thanks
I have that one as well, at least with the keyboard on there is no extra room at all it is really tight. I absolutely love it

bvone21

I can chime in that the Maroo case is great. Got it for free with the Surface promotion this past December.

PCAnyWhere

I took a few hurried pics. maybe these can help you decide. I took some with the type cover attached and without.

I actually don't use the included pen loop (it's not full length) but use the pen loop on my type cover instead.

You can see that it fits with and without. the magnetic closure is good and overall the the feel carrying it around is quite nice with the cover.

I do find in my office I tend to not use it at all and just carry around my SP3 so only use this when I'm transporting it in a non-protective bag - such as a messenger or backpack as opposed to my regular laptop bag.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 1,315
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 674
I took a few hurried pics. maybe these can help you decide. I took some with the type cover attached and without.

I actually don't use the included pen loop (it's not full length) but use the pen loop on my type cover instead.

You can see that it fits with and without. the magnetic closure is good and overall the the feel carrying it around is quite nice with the cover.

I do find in my office I tend to not use it at all and just carry around my SP3 so only use this when I'm transporting it in a non-protective bag - such as a messenger or backpack as opposed to my regular laptop bag.

Thanks for the pics. Ugh. Why does it have to be such a beautiful sleeve? Lol. I think I've almost spent the equivalent amount on accessories as I have on the SP3.

ChiGGz

PCAnyWhere

Attachments

• outback-solo-by-waterfield-designs_8b720d08-471f-4cc3-b97d-662a491f0e0d_grande.jpg
    outback-solo-by-waterfield-designs_8b720d08-471f-4cc3-b97d-662a491f0e0d_grande.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 518