What's new

Slight fan buzzing

Ramsey

Hello,

Anyone have a device that ever so slightly buzzes when you tilt it with the fan running full blast? Is this a defect that I need to concern myself with or does every machine make a slight buzz when it is handled with the fan on?

OP
R

Ramsey

Mine is much less noticeable. You can't hear anything unless you tilt it.

I have been toying with it tonight, and if the fan is running and you tilt it then the fan makes a sort of very slight buzz, whizz, almost a churning sound. I don't mind the fan but wonder if later on my CPU will fry because the fan has stopped working.

Last edited:

RémiM

From behind my screen, it sounds like your fan is a little unbalanced.

Mine doesnt buzz at all when I tilt my SP3.

Anyway, my suggestion is to optimize your config to limit the start of the fan (indexing otpions, etc...).

There are a few topics already open, you will find more details if you do a quick research.

Last edited:

kuroneko

I had the same problem, noticed buzz after 2 weeks. Took it pack to store and now it's been one week in maintenance. I also noticed that back of surface wasn't entirely flat.

Im a little bit pissed about this..

bluegrass

From behind my screen, it sounds like your fan is a little unbalanced.

From behind my screen, I can't tell if your fan is unbalanced or not. I have never heard my fan whether it's flat or tilted. You might want to take it in the MS store and let a tech listen to it and see what they say.

Liam2349

I've only ever heard my fan during updates, I think most of the time it's off - if it's on, I don't notice it. So I can't really say what happens when you tilt it, but if it's anything like that video, it sounds a lot like the fins of the fan are scratching against something - and that shouldn't happen. Definitely get it checked out, because to me it sounds defective.

kuroneko

I had the same problem, noticed buzz after 2 weeks. Took it pack to store and now it's been one week in maintenance. I also noticed that back of surface wasn't entirely flat.

Update.

Microsoft gave me new one, perfect one! Love this machine, working flawless now!

spinachpie

Mine's doing the same. Quite annoyed too. Retailer wouldn't help. Might try MS