What's new

So... I won a Surface 2! But Microsoft won't let me have it

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Just received an email from Microsoft saying my Surface 2 has been shipped! It's going via UPS and I have a tracking number... I've contacted them in America to see if I can get it redirected straight to me, but I'm guessing they probably won't allow that.

So, all I need now is my mate to not pull one over on me lol
nerd.png

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Well UPS won't do it, didn't think they would. It sure is going to be fun to see how much I get stung with import tax! As well as the international delivery this is the most expensive free prize I've ever won lol... still, it'll be worth it if it arrives in one piece :)

JustAGuy

Its the Holiday season and I would like to help you out. You can email me at

Do not use your E-Mail address on the forum. Conduct your business via a conversation.

and I would be glad to help you out by using my address but I would need you to send me the funds for mailing it out to you.

David - God Bless you and this is ridiculous that Microsoft would do such a thing, even though you live in the UK. I have a coworker that I remotely work with in the UK and so I feel your pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

It seems she is, as I just received my tracking number :) £36 to get it over to the UK which isn't too bad, although I'm gonna be stung on import tax!

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Hey, yes I did... overall it cost almost exactly £100 ($135) to get it over here. Not the greatest 'free' prize ever, but still a huge discount. Although, it has lowered my opinion of Microsoft somewhat, there's no need to be so American-centred in this day and age.

daveyp

Hey, yes I did... overall it cost almost exactly £100 ($135) to get it over here. Not the greatest 'free' prize ever, but still a huge discount. Although, it has lowered my opinion of Microsoft somewhat, there's no need to be so American-centred in this day and age.

I'm sure companies have similar contests only open to the UK as well. Heck, some contests exclude specific states here in the US. There are laws in different places that make things complicated for the company holding the contest

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Yes it's just strange to me that an international company (Microsoft) using an international website (Twitter) that sells Surface in the UK... would only allow for a US winner. Surely it would have made more sense to just send me a Surface from the UK? Meh, can't complain I guess but just baffles me.

daveyp

Newegg (US company) had a few contests available to everyone in the US but new york state and rhode island. I know how you feel