What's new

so it's a $4B business

mtalinm

so msft cleared $1.1B in Surface sales last quarter. not too bad for a product Tim Cook compared to a "toaster and a refrigerator."

OP
M

mtalinm

it was 9xx MM in previous quarter. probably not the same Christmas bump you would see for toys like the ipad. i think it will be pretty solid.

plus, now that they've dumped the Surface 2 they should see more brand coherence.

tat3406

Better than previous quater, but still far behind compare to other competitor in PC market or tablet market.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully this is a big enough sum for MS to get back on the wagon and truly support their device, bring back power cover etc, genuine DC charging cable etc. Seems like they've finally gotten that hit that they deserved. To me, their implementation in the sp3 is like the original ipad, 1 and 2 just had too many shortfallings to be a viable competitive candidate, not any more! they are now in the position to offer a truly killer product. Other 2-in-1's just don't have what it takes, the sp3 is the first device on the line to perfection of a market. I've mentioned it before, but i've countless macbook users in my class (predominantly women, go figure) and they have all expressed a strong desire to change their air for a surface having seen me at work with my pen :)

Liam2349

Hopefully this is a big enough sum for MS to get back on the wagon and truly support their device, bring back power cover etc, genuine DC charging cable etc. Seems like they've finally gotten that hit that they deserved. To me, their implementation in the sp3 is like the original ipad, 1 and 2 just had too many shortfallings to be a viable competitive candidate, not any more! they are now in the position to offer a truly killer product. Other 2-in-1's just don't have what it takes, the sp3 is the first device on the line to perfection of a market. I've mentioned it before, but i've countless macbook users in my class (predominantly women, go figure) and they have all expressed a strong desire to change their air for a surface having seen me at work with my pen :)

I'm sure the buy them for the sole reason of thinking Apple is stylish.

tat3406

Isn't that the reason anyone buys Apple products?

Apple have very good branding strategy, their product is not much special compare to other, but they market it higher price distinct to competitor. Their quality and services is above average and built a lot of loyal customer.