What's new

So some quick i5 or i7 advice? Return the i5 for i7.

Made again a passmark test for disk mark

With encryption yesterday :

upload_2014-8-4_16-32-56.png

Without encryption today:

upload_2014-8-4_16-30-3.png

So can see that today cpu was throtteled, but disk mark is even better without disk encryption.

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-4_16-29-19.png
    upload_2014-8-4_16-29-19.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 368

Kif

I think the writing was already on the wall that the i7 performance gains would be heavily muted by thermal constrains. The i3 or i5 is a more ideal fit for this generation SP. Intel has done a real disservice to the x86\x64 product lines by the long broadwell delays since ARM compatible processors keep chipping away at the market.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Made again a passmark test for disk mark

With encryption yesterday :

View attachment 2764

Without encryption today:

View attachment 2763

So can see that today cpu was throtteled, but disk mark is even better without disk encryption.
I see a difference in your graphics scores as well similar to what I get if I have external USB DisplayLink monitors attached. I have run Passmark with XTU running and didn't observe throttling during the run so it would seem something else may have dinged your score. note: XTU will take 5+% itself. I think Resource Monitor is better for tracking down processing cycle thieves than Task Manager. if the lower score is consistent then snooping with these tools can help track down the competing process but you need two monitors on for that. one runs the test and the other you can see what's happening in the background while it running