What's new

So this just happened at my local Microsoft Store!

Mervoid

Well... Merry Christmas to me!

I went to my local Microsoft Store this afternoon to just see and feel the new Type Cover 4 and Pen 4 as I was considering getting them in the new year for my Surface Pro 3. A friendly staffer approached and asked if she could assist me and I told her that I wanted to see the new peripherals first hand. I wasn't intending on a purchase today until the young lady said, "Would you like trade in your existing Type Cover 3 and Pen (3), get the new Type Cover 4 and Pen (4) and just pay the difference?" I did a double take, shook my head, and said, "Come again!?"

I took my Surface Pro 3 out of my bag, took off the Type Cover and Pen, and handed them to her, still not believing what she had just offered to me. She then asked me what colour Type Cover 4 and Pen (4) I would like; which I chose and she then proceeded off to do the paperwork. I walked out of the store, about 20 minutes later with my new peripherals for a grand total of $45 (Canadian). Not only that, but I was offered a complementary drink of my choice while I was waiting! Whoa! WTH just happened!? LOL

Uhmmm... Yeah! So that just happened!

Merry Christmas!

OP
M

Mervoid

It's worth a shot. I had no idea that such a trade-in program even existed. It's also worth noting that my Surface Pro 3 is just over a year old and out of warranty as well. So... score and hats off to Microsoft - I'm still pinching myself! LOL

StoicJim

It's worth a shot. I had no idea that such a trade-in program even existed. It's also worth noting that my Surface Pro 3 is just over a year old and out of warranty as well. So... score and hats off to Microsoft - I'm still pinching myself! LOL

No luck at my MS store. They hadn't heard of any upgrade deal for the cover or pen so you really lucked out. Congratulations.