What's new

SOLD OUT!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meaningless without knowing initial stock levels tbh.

Nexus 10 was sold out from day 1 and was almost always hard to get. If that was an indication that it was a commercial success, then it would be odd for them never to release a 10 inch tablet again.

mitchellvii

The Surface Pro 3 is not too expensive for its target market. Cost has never been the issue, functionality was. If I owned a major corporation I would buy an SP3 for every sales, IT and production person on staff.

OP
iDatus

iDatus

yeah agreed. I'm not saying its too expensive I was referring to press/reviews and some members comments.
its not meaningless as sold out is sold out.
yes we don't know numbers. More interesting would be to hear if other countries have similar status.

gdir

I've checked some shops here in Germany. All models seem to be available within a few days. Some shops seem to have sold their initial stock due to preorders. But no really shortage here. Maybe only the right hand drive models are affected from shortage? ;)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah agreed. I'm not saying its too expensive I was referring to press/reviews and some members comments.
yes we don't know numbers. More interesting would be to hear if other countries have similar status.

But without figures then "sold out" doesn't mean anything. It's a couple of words. It doesn't actually have any significance and is no indication of anything good or bad.

unruledboy

China also sold out, next stock will be on late September..................OMG

mitchellvii

The only thing which can prevent SP3 from becoming a runaway hit with professional users is the screen issues, specifically the yellow streak problem. That could result in a recall which would be terrible press.

Really hard to believe MS let that problem slip through the cracks.

I believe the yellow streak and light bleed in general comes back to MS' decision to use glue rather than screws and fasteners to hold their SP3 together. Bad choice IMHO that may come back to bite them. Seems to be causing screen problems not to mention making the SP3 basically unrepairable. Odd to use so many premium components then slather it altogether with something as unpredictable as glue. Might save a tiny bit on weight but the tradeoffs seem hardly worth it.

** Besides weight one major reason for the use of glue is that MS doesn't want people to be able to drop in their own SSD.

klausd

The only thing which can prevent SP3 from becoming a runaway hit with professional users is the screen issues,

Hi,

I think it's the lack of Kensington Lock which prevents me from using it at work. Seriously, why does a Pro Laptop /Tablet does not have it?

Everything else is great, have mine since Friday. I5 8GB.

Best regards,

Klaus

unruledboy

Hi,

I think it's the lack of Kensington Lock which prevents me from using it at work. Seriously, why does a Pro Laptop /Tablet does not have it?

Everything else is great, have mine since Friday. I5 8GB.

Best regards,

Klaus

well, even for a desktop, it will be stolen... ipad also does not have the lock, right?

klausd

If Microsoft wants to see their Surface in Consulting Companies, they have to add Kensington as it is a policy to have it locked @ Client.

DeltaXray

If Microsoft wants to see their Surface in Consulting Companies, they have to add Kensington as it is a policy to have it locked @ Client.
Laptops maybe but I don't know a single company that insists on locking down tablets. Surface doesn't need a Kensington lock slot.