What's new

solution - achieving 1% drain on battery now!!!

stevae

ok, so after putting my surface pro 4 into safe mode, and loading the new intel drivers, adding the script from neowin, to allow max power management of the processor, adding hyerV back through the "adding and removing windows features" feature, i am finally getting what we all should have gotten all along.
i unplugged my machine last night (early this morning) at 12:14am, and put it to sleep by putting the type cover up. then i checked it a few hours later and it was still on 100%. so i went to bed, and didn't look at it again until 12:43 pm today, and it was at 87%. that's 12.5 hours of sleep, losing 13%. so juuuuuust barely over 1% per hour. also, i put my max pros. power at 94% on battery, and 89% plugged in. this keeps the fans from kicking on almost at all on battery, and only very rarely while plugged in. yet, the tablet runs everything extremely quickly and smoothly. everything seems to be running optimally. hope this helps.

leeshor

I've been getting just over 1/2% battery use per hour for since late October and never did install HyperV. No other "hacks" for that mater.

Yillbs

I'm a bit confused on how you guys are installing these? When I try, it just says the most up to date drivers are already installed for intel 520 graphics. I'm not sure how you can follow the guide wrong, as it's only what, 4 - 5 steps?

kundas1

I've been getting just over 1/2% battery use per hour for since late October and never did install HyperV. No other "hacks" for that mater.

well you're lucky, ever since I upgraded to win 10 my battery is very bad... but im not going to bother with hacks or fool around with stuff... going to wait till we have an update to fix all this.

dcoplien

About 2 hours after the Jan 27th firmware update, my driver updated. My battery drain in sleep has improved as well as my overall battery drain.