What's new

Some surface pro 4 questions

Silverwolf0

1. How do the speakers compare to the surface pro 3?

2. Does the surface dock ever go on sale? It seems very expensive.

3. Has anyone tried playing dark souls 2 on an m3 or i5? What's the lowest setting for Smith frame rates? I have tried playing with a surface pro 3 and can only do 800x600 at medium settings. 1280x720 on low is playable but not that smooth.

kltk1

Can't speak to the performance of the S4 as I don't own one. However, I purchased my docking station on ebay for significantly less than retail. Lots of open box and people get them and never use them. Now is probably a good time to look now that the holidays are over.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazon has had the Dock for 99 at times.

Speakers ... the MS marketing page and commercials show "enhanced" speakers. :) It don't mean anything to me, my hearing is bad, deaf in one ear and can barely hear out of the other :)

Don't know nuthin bout no games.

Amar95353

1. How do the speakers compare to the surface pro 3?

2. Does the surface dock ever go on sale? It seems very expensive.

3. Has anyone tried playing dark souls 2 on an m3 or i5? What's the lowest setting for Smith frame rates? I have tried playing with a surface pro 3 and can only do 800x600 at medium settings. 1280x720 on low is playable but not that smooth.
The speakers on the pro 4 are a huge improvement over the pro 3. The pro 4 speakers are much louder and there is some bass too to the extent of causing the pro 4 to vibrate considerably at full volume. Very good speakers in my opinion just right to listen to all sorts of music and also enjoyable while watching movies.