What's new

Someone Has an Surface 3 Opinion.....not a good one.

You are right, just ridiculous. I believe the product will do very well but is targeted to a specific market. It is always easy to tear down versus look at what they did right. They launched a product that offers a lot of the many great things of the SP3 and at a lower price point. They had to design some sacrifices to make the pricing work and the maintain the value of the SP3.

Ghostx

The Surface 3 that I pre-ordered will NOT be replacing my desktop computer. Instead, it will supplement it by giving the ability to be more mobile.

Me Me

I don't think the specs are the end of the world...but starting at $499, I'd rather see $299 :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Its a pretty biased article, none of the other BayTrail devices are even close to the build quality or features that the S3 has... oh well coming from TechRadar I'm not surprised.

Nys299

I believe that the Surface 3 should do well for those who need to:
1. Take handwritten notes with One Note.
2. Do web surfing
3. Emails
4. The occassional light work with Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

I can envision that the 10.8" 3:2 aspect ratio should make it very comfortable to hold and take notes and bring it everywhere. The real weakness is the Atom chip, but I hope it will be offset with a speedy SSD. Frankly for me the Surface 3 can do many things which my current iPad cannot do. So as long as the expectation is not raised too high....the S3 should do very well.

CrippsCorner

On the other hand though...

"it is too expensive (and priced too closely to the Surface Pro 3)"

"To make the Surface 3 a real success, Microsoft needs to cut down the price, quickly"

Are absolutely correct statements!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lowering the price of something will increase it's potential to be a real success? Who would ever have known.

Also a bit silly to be making predictions to its success with regard to its price before it's even available to buy.

hannytyo

On the other hand though...

"it is too expensive (and priced too closely to the Surface Pro 3)"

"To make the Surface 3 a real success, Microsoft needs to cut down the price, quickly"

Are absolutely correct statements!

Agreed... probably this is the point the author wants to show... lower the price and go boom!