What's new

Something "different" in newer builds...

mitchellvii

Finally traded in my SP3 with the light bleed and the yellow streak for a shiny new model at Best Buy today (god those guys must hate me). This is Build number 1430. So far NO yellow streak and NO light bleed. Whew, so so happy. :)

But there is something else. The whole computer just seems "different" now, different as in "better". The screen looks better, colors pop more, fan almost never runs, text looks smoother. Hard to say what it is but it looks as if they may have fixed some of what was broken in these later builds. Another owner with Build 1432 commented they had no yellow streak either.

So, if you are still in your return window and you can make an exchange, see if the local Best Buy has any builds 1430 and above and go for it. Good luck.

kristalsoldier

My SP3, which I bought on the day the SP3 was released in North America (June 20th, if I am not mistaken) works exactly like how you have described your new machine working.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Huh, well it looks like the yellow streak thing looks like it may depend upon the mood the underpaid third world worker who built your SP3 might have been in that day. Anyway, so happy mine doesn't (at least not yet) have the dreaded yellow streak.

I'm designing all of my forms with the taskbar on the left side just in case it makes a new appearance. If it does I'll just live with it as I love this device.

ipaq_101

Honestly just try and enjoy the SP3, stop trying to look for problems, if you look long enough anything can start becoming a big deal.

After the last update my wifi woes are gone and the SP3 works like it was suppose to all along.

You are going to drive yourself nuts if you keep this up.

Glad to see you finally got a unit that you like.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Honestly just try and enjoy the SP3, stop trying to look for problems, if you look long enough anything can start becoming a big deal.

After the last update my wifi woes are gone and the SP3 works like it was suppose to all along.

You are going to drive yourself nuts if you keep this up.

Glad to see you finally got a unit that you like.

Sorry but that's just silly. Some of these units have problems that are quite real and not just the result of someone being overly obsessed with perfection. I mean, for $1200 I don't expect a big yellow streak down the edge of my screen. Luckily this unit doesn't have the issue. I solved it by solving it, not by pretending it wasn't there.

P.S., I was already nuts long before I bought the SP3. :)

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Placebo effect.

Idiotic statement. Sorry, but it just is. My prior unit had serious defects. This unit does not. How the hell is that a "placebo" effect?

Hey ipaq_101, did you know your wifi problems actually weren't solved after all? You just imagined the whole thing because you expected the update to help. Nothing but a placebo effect. :confused:

Last edited: