What's new

Something is wrong with my Metro IE.. is it just me?

OP
T

thisiscarlo

Unfortunately all that does is render a smaller version of the same pictures as above, the layout is still all messed up :'(

leeshor

Are you familiar with CCleaner. It will dump all the cache, especially the IE cache. But if you're not careful it will take the cookies and history too.

OP
T

thisiscarlo

After spending most of the afternoon/evening trying to diagnose and fix this problem (wiping out everything, doing a complete system restore, etc.) to no avail, I've finally fixed the damn problem.

Going into the desktop version of IE, all I had to do was go to Compatibility View settings and UNCHECK "Use Microsoft compatibility lists".

Voila! Everything is back to normal.

All the sites I listed above loads normally again, I no longer get the "Your browser is out of date" notice on certain websites, it no longer takes 2 clicks on the back button to go back to Google search results, Instagram links are loading fine again.

I swear to god, this drove me baty INSANE. Sucks that I had to delete everything I had to get to the solution but what can you do.

Can anybody explain what just happened here and how I can potentially prevent similar browser mishaps in the future?

Last edited: