What's new

Something weird just happened

VickiFL

I have been on my SP3 i5 all morning doing work and paying bills. I turn around to take a call, and when I turn back around a minute later, my SP3 screen is black. It was shut off. I was not doing anything that would put stress on it, and it wasn't hot when I felt the back. I was just using Google Chrome, that's it. It was plugged in.

I tried everything to get it to turn back on, even using the volume button with the power button. I few minutes later, it finally powered back on, and I'm using it right now. I just got a big update, and this happened right after that. I'm not saying the update caused this, but it is weird. I can't explain this as it has never happened before.

Any suggestions?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe your update did a restart, and you missed a warning notice during that call.

... Or it is Chrome.

OP
VickiFL

VickiFL

I've been using Chrome since the day I bought my SP3, though, and this never happened before.

I got into a car accident today, was rear ended while stopped at a red light. I'm not feeling well, and can't think of any reason this would happen. I'm sore, and drugged up, so that could be impairing my cognitive functions, lol I just hope this issue doesn't happen again.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, just remember correlation does not imply causation although you might want to be extra careful driving or stay home if something weird happens again. :)

OP
VickiFL

VickiFL

Thank you. I am really sore today, but have meds to help.

Damn Friday the 13th. :p

I went to the Microsoft Store today with hubby and they verified that the last update caused a critical crash, but couldn't explain why. That really bothers me, but nothing I can really do, and I don't feel well enough right now to pursue it any further. Just hoping it doesn't happen again.

He was kinda snotty with me because I have "God Mode" on my desktop. :rolleyes:

Arizona Willie

I'm surprised the Microsoft droid even knew what God mode is.

Thank you. I am really sore today, but have meds to help.

Damn Friday the 13th. :p

I went to the Microsoft Store today with hubby and they verified that the last update caused a critical crash, but couldn't explain why. That really bothers me, but nothing I can really do, and I don't feel well enough right now to pursue it any further. Just hoping it doesn't happen again.

He was kinda snotty with me because I have "God Mode" on my desktop. :rolleyes: