What's new

Soon enough I may not need an x86 machine

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My Surface RT has now come one more step closer to replacing my need for an x86 machine. The internal IT team has enabled Virtual Smart Cards on RT and now I have full VPN Support to internal resources and I can do my Pivot Reports from RT. With Outlook RT coming in Blue (especially if we get OneNote Integration) and my adapting to inking with the Jot Pro I have a very compelling mobile work/personal device
icon7.gif

Happy Camper...

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I found the Jot Pro to work really well once I got used to writing without my palm hitting the screen. Also I found using a medium width pen works best in OneNote.

kristalsoldier

I found the Jot Pro to work really well once I got used to writing without my palm hitting the screen. Also I found using a medium width pen works best in OneNote.

Interesting! Though I would find it difficult to write without my palm hitting the screen - especially when I may want to make notes on documents etc. This is one thing that I think I would have liked the most with the RT.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I can rest it on the Bezel, so writing margin notes in Landscape or Portrait is pretty easy, but I've become pretty adept in note taking on the RT, it works just as well when I had an x86 Active Digitizer TabletPC.

Last edited:

Omni

I have been getting that way with my RT. Always planned to get a Pro when I got the RT but when the time came I really didn't see a need. I do still want one though but that's just me been a geek wanting the best of the best :D.

kristalsoldier

I can rest it on the Bezel, so writing margin notes in Landscape or Portrait is pretty easy, but I've become pretty adept in note taking on the RT, it works just as well when I had an x86 Active Digitizer TabletPC.

I see. Maybe I should just buy a pen and see how it works out. Any idea which PDF apps allow for making notes on the RT?

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would print to OneNote or open in Word. PDF Touch is ok but still has some bugs...