Sorting Favorites?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Edge' started by TeknoBlast, Sep 3, 2015.

1. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Active Member

So has anyone figured out how to sort out the Favorites?

Finally they added to import links from Chrome, but the import just randomly adds the links, but not in any order.

Thanks

2. ScottyS

ScottyS Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    You can drag Favorites around on the Favorites drop down list, but agree that's a pain if you have a lot of them.

My Favorites for Edge are located in C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

I've made new folders and moved Favorites into them, but you have to close all Edge windows and then re-open one to see the results.

EDIT: The above is not the complete story. Evidently Windows stores the FavOrder in the registry (I guess that's why it takes a good 10 seconds to open the Favorite list).
    After re-arraigning or adding or deleting Favorites manually in the above mentioned folder, you got to close Edge, open RegEdit and navigate to
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\FavOrder\Favorites]
    then delete the FavOrder key.

Then when you open Edge and click the three lines on the menu bar for Favorites it takes a good 10 seconds* to re-write all your newly re-arraigned Favorites back into the registry.

* (Not enough time to go get a cup of coffee, just enough time to p--- you off)

Above found at...
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...dc-1cd0-4a3f-81f1-c8164f67eaaf?page=~pagenum~

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. graye

graye Member

I know this is an old thread, but.... there now is another way. Check out the 3rd-party EdgeManage application at: Manage Edge Favorites