What's new

SOS surface pro 3 will not boot up, Law school finals coming up

Tzsperber

Hi all,

This morning, after charging all night, my surface turned on but wasn't recognizing the keyboard. I re-booted it, it turned back on, still no keyboard recognition. Then I got a blue screen that said "power state driver failure", it shut down and is now stuck on the black screen that says "surface" in white. The screen can be turned off and on but it won't show anything else.

Does it matter that I charged it in the Microsoft dock and then switched to the normal power brick?

Kind of in a panic right now since law school finals are only 3 days away. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

leeshor

That would be a volume up and power button at the same time for around 15-20 seconds.

olimjj

Hi all,

This morning, after charging all night, my surface turned on but wasn't recognizing the keyboard. I re-booted it, it turned back on, still no keyboard recognition. Then I got a blue screen that said "power state driver failure", it shut down and is now stuck on the black screen that says "surface" in white. The screen can be turned off and on but it won't show anything else.

Does it matter that I charged it in the Microsoft dock and then switched to the normal power brick?

Kind of in a panic right now since law school finals are only 3 days away. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I hope I am not being too simplistic but did you remove and reattach your keyboard; and then restart if necessary.