SP2 and power cover.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by Darren Donovan, May 17, 2014.

1. Darren Donovan

Darren Donovan Member

I see Battery 1 and Battery 2. Which is the battery in the cover, and which is the battery in the SP2?
    When I tap on the battery icon, it shows 1220 hr 50 min remaining. Does the "1220" mean 12 hours + 20 minutes? And the total time remaining is 12 hours + 20 minutes + 50 minutes?

Thanks,

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. mtalinm

mtalinm Active Member

cover is battery 2.

3. Darren Donovan

Darren Donovan Member

So does Battery 2 (cover battery) always drain first before power is drawn from the SP2's battery (Battery 1)?
    Thanks,

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    The Power Cover keeps the Surface Battery at 100% until it is drained, at which point the Surface Battery kicks in, during charging the Surface Battery charges to 80% at which point the Power Cover charges to 80% then the Surface Battery charges to 100% and then the Power Cover will finish charging...

5. Darren Donovan

Darren Donovan Member

Thanks for that info, pretty elaborate sequence.

6. toaf

toaf Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    The Power Cover keeps the Surface Battery at 100% until it is drained, at which point the Surface Battery kicks in, during charging the Surface Battery charges to 80% at which point the Power Cover charges to 80% then the Surface Battery charges to 100% and then the Power Cover will finish charging...

not allways true. they have been doing wacked out things, ive seen power cover charge 100% and surface is at 23%.. i would say the only times i see the odd charging is when im gaming and its docked witht the power cover on. but non-docking station it does seem to allways fallow the above rules