SP2, IE11 and Webex

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Apps' started by Dim-Ize, Feb 25, 2014.

  1. Dim-Ize

    Dim-Ize Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Brentwood, TN
    I can only get Webex to work with Chrome, not IE. Works fine with earlier IE versions. Seems to be a Webex issue. My search on their site and general web searches are fruitless.

    Just wondering if any gurus here figured out a work around. Metro would be ideal, but desktop would be fine with me so I can have IE as default browser and link directly to meetings from my calendar vs Chrome as default.
     
  2. oion

    oion Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2013
    Messages:
    1,362
    Likes Received:
    265
    Trophy Points:
    83
    My Device:
    S2
    Tried compatibility view already?
     
    1 person likes this.
  3. Dim-Ize

    Dim-Ize Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Brentwood, TN
    thanks, oion!

    yes no dice.
     
  4. jnjroach

    jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2012
    Messages:
    7,105
    Likes Received:
    1,724
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Seattle, WA USA
    My Device:
    Surface Book
    Did you download the Webex Client?
     
    1 person likes this.
  5. Dim-Ize

    Dim-Ize Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Brentwood, TN
    Yes I did. Works great in Chrome. No luck in IE. Changing browser default to Chrome to launch meetings from Outlook is only workaround, but doing so disables Metro IE.
     
  6. jnjroach

    jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2012
    Messages:
    7,105
    Likes Received:
    1,724
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Seattle, WA USA
    My Device:
    Surface Book
    Weird, I luckily haven't needed to join a Webex Meeting since I upgraded to 8.1. I use Lync 2013 for 98% of my Conference Calls and then the other 2% are PSTN Bridges or GoToMeeting by Citrix...
     
  7. Rvacha

    Rvacha Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2013
    Messages:
    181
    Likes Received:
    14
    Trophy Points:
    18
    If it helps here's a WebEx test meeting you can use during debug
    Join a Test Meeting: WebEx

    I suspect if you turn off IE's Enhanced Protection Mode (Internet Options, Advanced) you'll be OK

    Add: As noted you will need to reboot your SP after making the change
     
    1 person likes this.
  8. Dim-Ize

    Dim-Ize Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Brentwood, TN
    Thanks, Rvacha.

    No luck though. I call uncle and will just use Chrome for it. I would love to get it working but something definitely awry that a settings combo isn't resolving.
     
  9. oion

    oion Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2013
    Messages:
    1,362
    Likes Received:
    265
    Trophy Points:
    83
    My Device:
    S2
    It looks like Webex doesn't have an official discussion board, and if you're a free user or client-side, you may not be able to get in touch with Webex support, but that's something to look into somehow--perhaps even just an email to them if you can't get proper support from Cisco. Asking on the MS Answers board wouldn't hurt either (probably under Internet Explorer 11). IE11 is only going to gain more marketshare, so these issues need to get on their radar...
     
    1 person likes this.
  10. Dim-Ize

    Dim-Ize Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Brentwood, TN
    Thanks, Oion. Have tried to do so on both :)
     
  11. Dim-Ize

    Dim-Ize Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Brentwood, TN
    Sorry to dig this up. But, it is now working with a recent patch from Cisco.
     
  12. GreyFox7

    GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2014
    Messages:
    6,342
    Likes Received:
    1,279
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Thanks for the update its good to know... just how slow some can be to fix problems :)
     

Share This Page

Search tags for this page

error with webex session ie11

,

ie11 webex

,
ie11 webex issues
,

ie11sp2

,
patch in ie11 breaks webex
,

webex and ie11

,
webex issue with ie and chrome
,

webex on surface 2

,
webex pulgin for ie11
,

webex surface pro 3