What's new

SP3 Android Studio Installation Problems

Colios91

Hey there guys. I am new to the forum so don't really know if that has been mentioned before but I am having serious trouble trying to install Java JDK 8 on my Surface Pro 3. The reason that I need the JDK is for Android Studio which needs the JDK in order for it to be installed properly. I tried switching user accounts,watching videos on the internet but I ended where I began. JDK cannot be installed. I tried installing it as a user administrator but again the same problem persists. When I double click on the JDK 8u45 executable file I get this message:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I'm now starting to wonder whether ALL native Windows will work on the SP3 and I would like for someone that had this problem to provide some insight as to how I can proceed. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Moving this to the x86 applications area of the forum. I'm certain someone has an answer.

Cyb3rDud3

I've got that one installed no problems. I would suggest you download it again.

I've got the full version of Jetbrains Intellij Idea with Java/Grails/Android/Ruby all installed. It really is a fully system (if you have a Surface Pro)....

OP
C

Colios91

Thank you very much that is an excellent program but it still asks me to specify the location of the SDK. Do you happen to know where it is on Windows 8.1?

OP
C

Colios91

I'm still having trouble getting the JDK to install on my system. Any suggestions? I get the same error message: "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

OP
C

Colios91

Is there any reason why the Surface Pro 3 wouldn't be able to run JDK and subsequently Android Studio? I think it's regarded as a tablet by many software manufacturers. Does this change anything?

Cyb3rDud3

There is no reason and it does run it. It doesnt' show as a tablet, and it isn't a tablet. It is just a computer.

JDK runs absolutely fine as does Android Studio and its bigger brother Intellij Idea.

OP
C

Colios91

Then how is it possible that I can't even run JDK? I tried almost everything and yet I still get no results and it's really frustrating.

Cyb3rDud3

Just because you have some issues with the file you've downloaded doesn't mean there is an incompatibility with Surface Pro 3. Heck ultimately this is just a windows personal computer running a normal version of windows on intel processors. The hardware is not going to be the issue. I suspect it is either a corrupt file or a permissions problem.