What's new

SP3 Backlight bleeding. mine looks okay?

benjitek

That's what the display ones look like at my local Best Buy, but you can't tell once they've booted up (unless you pull up a black screen).

Last edited:

Kif

Mine looks the same. My plan is to forget I ever tested it. I don't usually stare at all black screens. :)

ctitanic

I don't see anything wrong. People, stop hunting ghosts! Just enjoy your devices! There are so many good things in this "beast of machine"!

GoodBytes

1- Digital cameras amplifies the problem, unless set to manual and properly adjusted.
2- So far, I haven't see a tablet on the market without back light bleeding. Even the iPad has some.
3- I do know that Samsung IPS panels have backlight bleeding on all their displays, including their desktop monitors. I don't know if they don't care or simply don't know how to fix the problem. LG has the least (still visible on tablets and also on entry level desktop IPS panels, but their high grade consumer grade and up, they have little to none)

wynand32

I'm firmly in the camp that believes that virtually every device made has some incidence of light bleed, some better than others. My iPad 3 has it, some Toshiba tablets I tried were absolutely horrible, Samsung PLS tablet screens probably have the least in my experience while my Samsung 24" monitors are pretty bad, my Nexus 7 and 10 have it, my Nexus 5 doesn't, my Nokia 925 doesn't (I don't think AMOLED suffers from it in general), etc., etc.

As mentioned, light bleed is really only noticeable on all-black screens, but I don't want to minimize its impact on someone--if you don't like it, then you don't like it. It's very much a subjective issue, I think.

GoodBytes

OLED screen and Plasma dont have backlight bleeding as each sub-pixel illuminates itself.
LCD doesn't, and that is why it need a back light.