What's new

sp3 battery not charging

Iquana

hi folks

i have had sp3 pro for now about over a year. i use it on professional use, i have docking station and extras.

recently i updated to w10 too.

now my problem is that battery seems not to load to full capasity anymore. only 9% of max capasity according to stats.

are you guys able to spot the problem? is it that battery is broken or something with win10

anyone who solves i will give bitcoins worth of pizza and beer. Reports attached

Attachments

• Battery report.pdf
    143.4 KB · Views: 452
  • Sleep Study.pdf
    391.7 KB · Views: 843
  • energy-report_2.pdf
    98.8 KB · Views: 504
OP
I

Iquana

My apologies for some of report being in Finnish language :(

I updated the whole system and here is the newest energy report attached. What bothers me the most is that it shows that last time battery was loaded to full

it took onlky 3466/42157 mAh?? which is 8% of its original capacity. Battery has only 181 cycles on it.

Attachments

• energy-report_newest.pdf
    102.5 KB · Views: 590

leeshor

You already know this is an English only forum. Normally, any attachments that need downloading aren't allowed but I'll let you slide this time. We also don't allow any suggestions of rewards, even beer, even in jest.

Personally, though I don't read Finnish, I suggest you uninstall Chrome before you do anything else. Do you have something plugged into the USB port?

Moving this to the SP3 Windows 10 section.

OP
I

Iquana

Thanks for your prompt answer leeshor.

More and more i study this, i think that this looks like a hardware problem. Looks like that the battery is not able to take a full load.
This time warranty for the hardware is void, so it might be that I have to change battery..

You already know this is an English only forum. Normally, any attachments that need downloading aren't allowed but I'll let you slide this time. We also don't allow any suggestions of rewards, even beer, even in jest.

Personally, though I don't read Finnish, I suggest you uninstall Chrome before you do anything else. Do you have something plugged into the USB port?

Moving this to the SP3 Windows 10 section.

OP
I

Iquana

That's, as far as I know, not a user replaceable part.

There is some good instructions how-to do it.

Anyway, it looks like that i might have 2 years warranty from the seller, i will first try that one. There has been so many problems with this Surface anyway, so i will just add battery to that same list :)

i looked at your battery report pdf but it doesn't display any of the values?

My SP3 was purchased around the same time as yours (Jan 2015), using the same "SIMPLO" battery...however i have only 79 cycles used (I use mostly docking station) in the 1.5 years of usage. My battery report also shows decrease after every cycle and I am concerned! I noticed sometimes when charging using the original MS Power Adapter it will reach 97% or 98% and stay stuck at "Not charging". To fix that, I would have to remove the power cable attachment and reinsert. When used on battery power I see the levels move from 100% and jump directly to 93% within the first 5 or so minutes of boot up. I have never seen it drop incrementally by 1% to 99%, 98%, 97% etc. After 93% it seems to decrease normally. I am aware of other problems of CPU usage draining the battery so I watch out for that.