What's new

SP3 Battery problem.

waderr73

Welcome. I have a problem with the battery. After charging to 100% and disconnected from the wall, looking over web, the level immediately drops to 94%. Later, already is normal. What to do? Sorry for my english.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This seems to be normal if I understand what you mean.

Here is an explanation for a laptop with a similar discussion:
This is the way it works:
1- When you power on your laptop, if your battery is above 95%. you will get the message "plugged but not charging"
2- When you power on your laptop, if your battery is under 95%, you will see the message "Plugged and charging" until the battery charge reaches 100% (not 95%). That's why sometimes, even if you see that your battery is at 97% and charging also, that means before starting your laptop, the battery was under 95% and reaches 97% since then.

I just turned on another device that was plugged in over night. like you said it immediately dropped to 94%. I then plugged it back in and it changed to 94% charging.
Update: so now its back up to 100% and when I unplugged again it says 100% remaining.

I believe they do this so the battery is not charging at 100% all the time which can shorten the life of lithium ion batteries. once it drops below 95% then it will charge back to 100% then stop.

At least once a month you should let the battery fully discharge or go down really low which will help your battery life and keep the battery estimate calibrated.

Make sense?

Last edited: