What's new

SP3 Bluetooth Problem

Manuel B

Hello SP3 Community,

so i got my SP3 a couple of days ago and i had quite a few problems with the pen so far. Due to the updates i managed to get it working properly until now. Basically my pen isn't paired with my SP3 anymore.

I tried to look for help on the internet and on the device itself. It seems like you can pair it yourself within the settings. So i was going through the settings (settings -->change pc settings --> pc and devices --> and then there should be a "bluetooth" option according to the microsoft site....well there isn't.

I tried search for "bluetooth" on the sp3 and didn't find anything either. I did restart my sp3 about 10 times but i can't find any way to pair my pen via bluetooth again.

I really hope you guys can help me somehow, i'm really desperate at this point tho.

best regards!

daniielrp

This is what you should see. If not, check your device manager for Bluetooth radios. If there is none there, reboot and check again. Failing that could be a hardware fault with the BT radio :/

Screenshot (7).png

ctitanic

Your SP3 only will see the Pen if the LED under the Clip is blinking. To get it blinking hold the top button pushed for few seconds.

OP
M

Manuel B

To clarify: It's not like i can't see my pen on the list of bluetooth devices, there basically is no list. I can access every option as shown in the picture above EXCEPT "bluetooth". o_O There's basically nothing between "display" and "devices". I just restarted it again and there were some "features processed" so i kinda hoped this will fix it...but i was wrong...still have the same issue. No bluetooth menu anywhere. Holding the top button of the pen pushed and get it blinking doesn't affect it tho. :(

daniielrp

To clarify: It's not like i can't see my pen on the list of bluetooth devices, there basically is no list. I can access every option as shown in the picture above EXCEPT "bluetooth". o_O There's basically nothing between "display" and "devices". I just restarted it again and there were some "features processed" so i kinda hoped this will fix it...but i was wrong...still have the same issue. No bluetooth menu anywhere. Holding the top button of the pen pushed and get it blinking doesn't affect it tho. :(

Do you have a Bluetooth radio showing in your device manager?