What's new

SP3 Cannot pair with Sony bluetooth speaker SRS-BTM8

liyufx

I recently bought SP3. I was able to pair it with my Apple BT keyboard and trackpad, but it cannot seem to discover my Sony bluetooth speaker (SRS-BTM8), let alone pairing with it. My iphone 4 works with the speaker flawlessly. Any idea what could be the problem? Thanks a lot for any help,

Yu

kundas1

make sure you UNpair it from your other device, I know for a fact when I paired my JBL BT speaker it wouldn't pair with my SP3 because the device was still paired to the other device...

clrk9000

I recently bought SP3. I was able to pair it with my Apple BT keyboard and trackpad, but it cannot seem to discover my Sony bluetooth speaker (SRS-BTM8), let alone pairing with it. My iphone 4 works with the speaker flawlessly. Any idea what could be the problem? Thanks a lot for any help,

Yu
I am using my SP3 with Apple BT Keyboard but with a Apple BT Mouse. My SRS-BTM8 works fine (even the mic function works fine with Skype). Just to let you now it is compatible with SP3.

OP
L

liyufx

make sure you UNpair it from your other device, I know for a fact when I paired my JBL BT speaker it wouldn't pair with my SP3 because the device was still paired to the other device...

I did. First I turned off my iPhone's BT, and it is clear that speak was unpaired (blue light flashing instead of solid when it was paired). Then I chose forget the device on my iPhone, just to be sure, same result :(

OP
L

liyufx

I am using my SP3 with Apple BT Keyboard but with a Apple BT Mouse. My SRS-BTM8 works fine (even the mic function works fine with Skype). Just to let you now it is compatible with SP3.

Thanks. It is comforting to know that it is compatible with SP3. So when you try to pair them, what does the speaker show up as?

OP
L

liyufx

It shows as SRS-BTM8 - Connected.
Silly me!!! I need to press and HOLD the "pair" button while pairing with SP3. I did not need to do that when pairing with my iPhone so it did not occur to me earlier. Once I did that, SP3 discovers and pairs with it without problem. Thanks for your responses

kundas1

Ahh there ya go, but for future reference you have to hold the pair button for ALL devices whether it be iPhone or Sp3 or whatever, maybe you did hold down the pair button when you paired it to your iPhone and just didn't realize it....