What's new

SP3 charger problem

fifl

Hello
I got my new SP3 two days ago, and I have a very weird and annoying problem With my SP3. When I Connect both my SP3 and phone (Galaxy S4 to the USB input on the charger) they both start blinking on the led-light. They start/stop charging continously. I have been charging like this With my SP2 for almost a year and gotten pretty used to it, and dont want to go back to the old ways.
Is there something I can do, or should I demand a New charger from Microsoft? Does anyone know if I have to send the old one back first?
Thanks in advance

Knuck

I just plugged my Galaxy Note 3 into the charger while my SP3 was connected and running and no flashing lights. Both seemed to charge fine. Looks like you have a bad charger. The QC on these chargers is nothing to write home about. I already had to exchange one after a few weeks as it wouldn't charge anything.

malberttoo

Hello
I got my new SP3 two days ago, and I have a very weird and annoying problem With my SP3. When I Connect both my SP3 and phone (Galaxy S4 to the USB input on the charger) they both start blinking on the led-light. They start/stop charging continously. I have been charging like this With my SP2 for almost a year and gotten pretty used to it, and dont want to go back to the old ways.
Is there something I can do, or should I demand a New charger from Microsoft? Does anyone know if I have to send the old one back first?
Thanks in advance

Sounds like your charger is defective. You should have no problem getting it replaced with a call to Surface Support.

OP
fifl

fifl

:)Thanks guys. I called Microsoft today and they have already sent me a New one. No problem at all

Hmm dont understand why some Words insist on having a high first letter, cant even edit it using onscreen keyboard

GTiceman

I actually need to call and have my charger replaced. Though it is on the i7 SP3 I might not be keeping since I also have the i5 SP3

elixir

Hi,
I'm also having the exact same issue here, i7 512GB. I cannot charge SP3 together with the USB device (phone, etc). The LED light keeps blinking and will start and stop charging continuously.
However without plugging anything to the USB charging port, I can charge SP3 fine. Well it seems fine to me, I am not sure if it actually delivering slightly different current to the SP3. I hope it is fine because I've been using it for 2 weeks now.
I called MS and request for replacement and still waiting now.
Do you think I can still safely using the charger (without using the USB port of course)? I don't have any other charger and need to charge my surface.

OP
fifl

fifl

Update:
I finally got my new charger from Microsoft, but the problem is still there!!
However now my phone will charge ok, but my SP3 will not. I have tried many different chargers for my phone, but it doesnt help.
Now im not sure if its the charger that is the problem...

OP
fifl

fifl

Yes, thats what I was trying to say.. hehe
SP3 is still blinking with the new charger => not charging at all when an usb device is connected.

surfdock

What phone do you have? Can you try using a different phone charge cable?
Can you try charging a different phone and see if it works?