What's new

SP3 Cover - Keyboard and TP working but mouse click does not

JusteDK

Hey Surfaceforums

I have an annoying issue with my surface cover.
The buttons on the keyboard work fine, so does the touchpad, except for the 2 buttons on the lower part of the touchpad.
They simply do not work at all.

It is rather annoying when for example trying to select text.

My surface was turned off for the better part of a month in the summer break, since I only use it at my University. After the break it did not seem to work.

I have tried cleaning the connection pins on either device and doing a "hard reset".

Any ideas?

ScottyS

Hey Surfaceforums

I have an annoying issue with my surface cover.
The buttons on the keyboard work fine, so does the touchpad, except for the 2 buttons on the lower part of the touchpad.
They simply do not work at all.

It is rather annoying when for example trying to select text.

My surface was turned off for the better part of a month in the summer break, since I only use it at my University. After the break it did not seem to work.

I have tried cleaning the connection pins on either device and doing a "hard reset".

Any ideas?
Question, do the left and right lower corners still click when you press there, or is that lost too?

As a work-around you can tap one finger on trackpad as a left click and two finger tap as right click.

OP
J

JusteDK

Hey ScottyS

Yes the clicking noice is still there.

Thanks! Unfortunately it still leaves it quite dificult to select text, in for example PDFs.

ScottyS

Bummer:(. My advice would be to bring it to a MS store if there's one near you.
My last SP3 stopped recognizing the type cover altogether. My type cover worked on other's SP3s and there type covers would work on mine. At MS store they gave me a new SP3 (making that my third). They can at least test it with another type cover to see if it's the cover or the SP3.