What's new

SP3 Frame damaged

Hey guys, I ordered my SP3 ~1.5 weeks ago, and finally got around using it ~2 days ago - it was everything I hoped for, such an awesome product! However, yesterday I decided to get some screen protection foil, and when I applied it, I noticed that in the lower right corner, the SP3's frame seems to have splintered off a little bit. While the screen is at the same level as the frame all around the SP3, at the damaged corner the screen is somewhat above the frame (mostly due to the frame missing some bits and pieces).

Sorry for the shitty quality, but I tried to capture the problem in two pics:
stuff2.png stuff.png

It is very hard to spot if you do not look closely, especially if you don't know it's there. I even showed it to friends and no one noticed until I pointed it out to them. I'm wondering whether MS obliged to provide me with a new device (I ordered directly from MS in Europe), even though I did not notice the damage right after I unpacked the device?

Thanks for any suggestions/help/advice,
WH

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Get that replaced. Give MS in Europe a call. The frame material seems to have a defect. Sorry about this.
And your friends need spectacles.

kundas1

agreed, get that changed ASAP! I would never accept that especially the amount you paid!

OP
W

wanderinghopelessly

After two phone calls with MS, I'm a little confused. First I was told that MS would react to such issues like that by providing a "good as new" replacement - but I could also contact the distributor directly to claim a properly new one. When I told them that I bought it directly from them, they connected me to the store. There I was told that they cannot say what will happen, I will just have to send it in...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks like it hit the pavement or sidewalk, very similar damage was done to my knee a couple years ago :)

Prowler9

Mine has a mark on it even before I took it out of the plastic. A week later I noticed the screen starting to come out. I took it back to best buy and they gave me a new one.

PCAnyWhere

Probably mishandled during packaging or inspection. the photo is not clear but I believe that section is magnesium and while I could be a manufacturer defect it would appear to be a mishandling by someone along the line