What's new

SP3 hardware not supported by RHEL 6

phey_05

I bought SP3 to replace my home & work computer, as my job requires me to have RHEL 6 via VMware i need to install it to SP3 too.

And this is what I found: please see attached file.

Anyone tried installing RHEL on SP3? Any inputs?

Attachments

• not suported by redhat.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 503

ctitanic

Something is wrong with VMWare. You are installing that within a VM. That installation does not detect your SP3.

OP
phey_05

phey_05

Something is wrong with VMWare. You are installing that within a VM. That installation does not detect your SP3.

Both VMware on my SP3 and Dell computer has excalty the same configuration but i stll have this issue.

I actually just reinstalled VMware on both machine to test it.

Klownicle

Can you test run another virtual operating system? Don't you need to turn on Virtualization in the BIOS of these machines before being able to do that?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I bought SP3 to replace my home & work computer, as my job requires me to have RHEL 6 via VMware i need to install it to SP3 too.

And this is what I found: please see attached file.

Anyone tried installing RHEL on SP3? Any inputs?

Are you installing VMware Workstation or the actual ESX Product? Neither product is compatible with a Connected Standby Machine.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Your company pays big bucks to Red Hat for support, I would highly recommend you escalate it to them....I still believe that RHEL is reading the S0iX enabled SoC and Trusted Boot during the install....

OP
phey_05

phey_05

Simple solution I found. Copy the RHEL6 installation on the VMware of my Dell computer to SP3 VMware... works like a charm... problem solved...