What's new

SP3 i7 runs worse than SP2 i5

InspectHerGadget

I tested the SP2 on a quick Norton 360 scan and it took two minutes.

The SP3 did the same scan in less than one minute, about 52 seconds!

That is a huge difference in performance. Day and night faster.

I notice on web pages the same thing, huge difference in performance, web pages would load in 1/3 the time compared to the SP2.

Last edited:

wditters

Hmm .. I am getting well over 100Mbps, which makes it hit the max of my glassfiber connection .... router is an Asus RT-AC68U connected over 5G

OP
macmee

macmee

I'm not displeased with the forum, I'm displeased by your constant whining on the same topic over and over.

As a new SP3 owner, I don't believe I have done this regarding the SP3.

As a SP2 owner, I certainly complained because I experienced a tremendous amount errors with my device.

Parallel to this, I also believe that people vote with their wallets, and I bought the SP2 and the SP3, so given the bugs I experienced, I clearly still believe in the product.

So I'll repeat: if you don't like my posts, then mute me (if that's possible). Otherwise, you're welcome to either not reply, or simply not read the forum. If you reply to me complaining that I'm reporting on my negative experiences with the surface then I don't care about you. Say something useful, relevant, or not at all.

megatronium

As a new SP3 owner, I don't believe I have done this regarding the SP3.

As a SP2 owner, I certainly complained because I experienced a tremendous amount errors with my device.

Parallel to this, I also believe that people vote with their wallets, and I bought the SP2 and the SP3, so given the bugs I experienced, I clearly still believe in the product.

So I'll repeat: if you don't like my posts, then mute me (if that's possible). Otherwise, you're welcome to either not reply, or simply not read the forum. If you reply to me complaining that I'm reporting on my negative experiences with the surface then I don't care about you. Say something useful, relevant, or not at all.

You're right - you've been "ignored".

kundas1

ok guys please tone it down a bit, I understand we all have our disagreements but lets not escalate this.

kundas1

macmee, perhaps try to do a restore and maybe that might clear the bugs out, but your SP3 i7 should be running better than the SP2 definitely... also maybe your device might run better with the Intel specific drivers rather than the MS drivers? have you tried those?

edit: also maybe your device is defective, maybe try doing a replacement with MS