SP3 on W10 battery life

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Forum' started by Diego Madrigali, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Diego Madrigali

Diego Madrigali Member

My battery life on stand by is very bad, dropping 2% an hour minimum. I disabled the option to keep wifi alive while suspended and that helped a little bit.

While in use I would say is similar. The fan never kicks in, thats better than W8.1 and is way cooler.

What about yours?

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Yours is one of dozens of posts re: battery life on Windows 10. Moving to that section and suggest a search.

3. Diego Madrigali

Diego Madrigali Member

Why are you moving everything to Windows 10? Im interested in the surface pro 3 battery life.

4. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    If you had been interested in battery life under 8.1 it would have remained where it was but these issues, from many previous posts, don't seem to be Surface model specific and your title had W10 in it.

hughlle likes this.
  5. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

And a good job too. I spent a login time (search no likey) searching for the win 10 reset boot issue until i found it in a random sub-forum

leeshor likes this.
  6. ctitanic

ctitanic Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    In my case it seems that the battery life has improved.

7. Diego Madrigali

Diego Madrigali Member

In my case it has improved in use-time but it is muuuuch worse in standby time.

8. theveterans

theveterans Member

So after trying Microsoft Edge for 3 days in a row, I found that that it's one of the worst browser that MS released. It's worse than Chrome in CPU and RAM hogging! My fans never stopped spinning when that I'm using that POS Edge browser. Now I'm currently typing this on the desktop IE in tablet mode and I so badly want my MetroIE back. Whoever thought to get rid of Metro IE in Windows 10 should get fired!. Windows 8.1 is still more efficient in an actual tablet use mode (running 90-100% modern apps as opposed to desktop programs) because 8.1 actually suspends those apps when not in the foreground while Windows 10 keeps running them in the background, consuming CPU usage (I'm looking at that POS Edge browser that sucks up almost one full core of my Sp3 i5 on the background while running other apps in tablet mode) Now I figured why in Windows 8, I idle at consistent 0% CPU @ 0.75GHz while Windows 10 rarely idles at 0% usage and almost all the time @ 1-5% use @ 0.8 - 1.2GHz, which pretty much kills 30-1 hour of battery life cumulatively.