SP3 on WIN10 max network activity

Discussion in 'Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3' started by MrFex, Oct 30, 2015.

1. MrFex

MrFex New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Hi,

I installed Windows 10 last week and up until now I don't have any complaints. Last night however I noticed that the access to my NAS was really slow. Other PCs in my network didn't have this problem. After investigation I noticed that the System process (PID 4) was leeching between 50 and 70 mbps from the IP address of my NAS.

First I feared I might have a virus or something but this is a fresh install and all I have installed is a few apps through the store.

Anybody have a clue on how to fix this? when I disconnect WiFi the proces wil shut down. When I reconnect after a few minutes it will initially work fine. Up until the point I browse to the NAS using Windows Explorer, then it will start leeching again.

2. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

Is Windows update doing anything? (if you turn on battery saver which pauses any Windows updating, so might work as an indicator.

3. MrFex

MrFex New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Well, I hoped this somehow would solve itself but it hasn't. Windows update isn't doing anything. It happens every time I navigate to the network share. Does anyone at least have a clue to troubleshoot this? What can I do?