What's new

Poll SP3 Protection Poll

How do you protect your SP3?

• Folio Case (IE front and back book-like enclosure)

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Hard Case (IE like the Urban Armor case)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Screen Protector

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Screen Protector + Folio or Hard Case

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Naked

Votes: 59 63.4%

• Total voters

HvT

I have an ugly face so I do not like glossy screens that mirror too much...
...matte screen protectors help.
;-)

bluegrass

I purchased the extended warranty and I keep my SP3 turned off in a bag when I"m not using it. Oh, & I always keep one of my two type covers attached most of the time. For sure when I stow it away in my bag. I wipe the screen with a micro fiber cloth once in awhile. That's all that's needed as for as I'm concerned.

Telstar1948

Mine is always transported in a zippered padded sleeve with the type cover attached. Around the house I carry it with the type cover only.

dleuen

I only put my SP3 in my Booq Graphite case when I am shoving it in a backpack. All other times it is naked.

GTiceman

Mine is almost always naked. Considering a type cover. I will sometimes take my college leather portfolio and stick it in there, I cut a slit where the paper pad goes so the kickstand can slide in to keep it from just falling out

lhauser

I purchased the extended warranty and I keep my SP3 turned off in a bag when I"m not using it. Oh, & I always keep one of my two type covers attached most of the time. For sure when I stow it away in my bag. I wipe the screen with a micro fiber cloth once in awhile. That's all that's needed as for as I'm concerned.

Yeah, that's mine as well. I have a Maroo leather slip case, the type cover, Microsoft Complete and nothing else. A screen protector would be good, but not necessary, and would be a pain to get on without bubbles or dust.

OP
M

markusbeutel

Yeah, that's mine as well. I have a Maroo leather slip case, the type cover, Microsoft Complete and nothing else. A screen protector would be good, but not necessary, and would be a pain to get on without bubbles or dust.

If you live by a Microsoft Store they'll install the tempered glass screen protector for you - will keep doing it till they get it perfect too, however long it takes. Also, if you live in Canada, Future Shop will install a variety of screen protectors for you - they have custom matte and glossy ones for 40$ that they install with a lifetime warranty, or you can get them to install the Zagg screen protector, but they charge $10 for installing that one.

gdir

Apart from the TypeCover my Sp3 is naked.

I don't like additional screen protectors. I would have appreciated it if MS had choosen Gorilla glass for the SP3. Nevertheless the Sp3's glass seems to be ok for my typical usage pattern (office, commuting).

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never seen the point in cases. I used to buy them for tablets, for the sole reason that tablets don't have kickstands. Now i'm free of them at last :)