What's new

Poll SP3 Protection Poll

How do you protect your SP3?

• Folio Case (IE front and back book-like enclosure)

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Hard Case (IE like the Urban Armor case)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Screen Protector

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Screen Protector + Folio or Hard Case

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Naked

Votes: 59 63.4%

• Total voters

Genghis Khan

What I'M looking for is a transparent sleeve or hard case. I work in an overly security conscious establishment. Security wants to scrutinize and inspect what in our bags and cases. They would be less stressed if they see what's in our bags without asking what's inside or it to be opened.

GR8-Ride

I've tried a bunch of them out, most recently the Urban Armor gear case. I'm generally not a fan of cases for anything unless they provide some measurable benefit (iPhone 6 has a Surface Pad on it, and my Note 4 has a Seidio case on it). I've never put a case on any laptops, but with my SP3 I almost feel like I should.

For the most part, mine is naked except I have a Type Cover for it (and honestly, I'd love to get rid of the Type Cover as I use an external BT keyboard from Lenovo that I love). And like others above, I love how slim the SP3 is.

That being said, I've had the UAG case on it for the past couple of days, and I do like the "grippiness" of the case, though I'm not the biggest fan of the stand (it's okay....just not as good as the built-in kickstand). But it does make it bulky, so I'm currently debating whether to return the UAG to the MS store.

I bought this Asuxtek slim case for mine, and I don't like it. It completely defeats the SP3 kickstand, and it's not reliable enough as a stand itself. Otherwise it IS nice and slim and protects it well. If anyone locally in the Toronto area wants it, they can have it (free, as in beer).

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KRTQS5K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I have an Armorsuit set of body protectors on order for it....maybe that may ease my paranoia about damaging it (though I also have MS Complete for it...but the fact that you still need to re-install EVERYTHING in the classic Windows Desktop environment is a horrendous PITA).

Patrick

Haldi

Which answer do i take for a "scratch protection foil" ?

i use this brushed aluminum from iCarbon. Only for back and sides.

Was definitly needed -.-

Before:
zex0Zxgz5j0eL1woB4W5lsdMVwqoL0WBz54Nfk9SciU=w644-h1143-no

after:

DSC_0261.JPG