What's new

Solved Sp3: System and System interrups waste 20/25% cpu - heating

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

yesterday before to go to sleep I did some test, with any software open, even with onedrive disabled etc, and still was doing the issue, try to reboot and test, still doing. This morning before I open any software I did it again, and is not doing anymore for now. Very strange, because was regular for me. So I'm making some test using first skype, then onedrive, pokerstars, some other tool I have etc etc one to one to see if I leave with them idle the pc if SYSTEM go up, I tried even with firefox only, etc etc still nothing. I need to test so again same with 2 java softwares I use, and to see if happen with them.

megatronium

yesterday before to go to sleep I did some test, with any software open, even with onedrive disabled etc, and still was doing the issue, try to reboot and test, still doing. This morning before I open any software I did it again, and is not doing anymore for now. Very strange, because was regular for me. So I'm making some test using first skype, then onedrive, pokerstars, some other tool I have etc etc one to one to see if I leave with them idle the pc if SYSTEM go up, I tried even with firefox only, etc etc still nothing. I need to test so again same with 2 java softwares I use, and to see if happen with them.

If only you had listened to me originally, you could've saved yourself some stress...

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I receive in 2 days another Sp3 i5/256gb

what do you think, should I RESET before to use it? correct? after what we have heard should be the right move with a just bought Sp3?

ctitanic

update:

now it's a regular issue for the "system" in the task bar taking 35% cpu load

in few words, as I leave my pc without touch the mouse etc for around 5/10 minutes, it comes and take 35% resources, as I touch the mouse and I go to check the task manager, while I do this, it disappear and go down to 0% again.

this is crazy! so what is this?

my set up is sp3 + external LG W3000 monitor via mini display port to dvi-d startech.com active adaptor. No docking... (already for sale on ebay)

Issues with the system using CPU can be tricky look at this thread and what was the solution

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...pu-usage/2197c025-b0b8-43f2-854b-72e576373607

fidibus

I upgraded today and this is the surprice, yesterday was not doing it, today I used a micro sd usb device just to transfer 2 files I needed over 1 gb, and I removed it now.

I read around the web who had same issue with audio tests, etc etc but nothing to do.

I have Sp3 in the docking 3 right now.

Please help, with Cpu at 33% and more all the time I need to shut down the system because not able the fan to handle this bug..... I can't believe, no luck yet with Sp3.
Hello Enrico,

I'd the same problem on my Pro 2 and Pro 3. It sounds funny, but after I loaded the newest version of the Realtek Audio-Driver the Problem had gone (http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/).

fidibus

malberttoo

Microsoft does a lot of good things, a release free of bugs is not one of them.

I am no fanboy and that's the truth... but almost nothing gets released free of bugs. I have no issue with rampant complaining about the SP3, people are people, we like our shinies to be perfect. But on this forum we primarily discuss the Surface, and I think it's really easy to forget about the other devices that we use that also cause us heartache and grief... :D

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I will check the link of CTITANIC it's quite long, I will do asap.

I UPDATE YOU however with this, I still have not done the RESET of course.

Reading always in google, I found some users of LOGITECH products with same issue.

Because Sp3 users have only 1 usb port avaible... will be common to use micro usb charged bluetooh devices like Logitech keyboard and mouse I'm using.

So they was saying that was needed to install the sepoint software to adjust some trouble they had with those devices were causing to SYSTEM..........

I did today. Before to do so I first found some UTILITY DRIVER checker and I have seen that I had those devices with not up to date drivers:

1. the intel 5000 graphic (I used also the intel website utility and it downloaded me it but failed to install!!! why? says after download and install that is not good for my device.... ok.. may be you know why, easy issue this

2. Realtek audio! I downloaded it and up to date now, may be is this.... the one causing... the system issue because many of you said about this realtek issue also.

3. 2 controllers... don't know of what chipset etc etc easy staff, updated.

4. finally, the latest version of my keyboard and mouse of Logitech. I use the K810 keyboard and the ultra thin touch mouse.

Now I have all up to date as drivers, just the intel 5000 video driver is not. What to do for this?

For now the SYSTEM Is not going up!!!!!! still doing tests, if it become ok, and I have also my java software today.. so fully operative my sp3 in those latest tests, I assume that the reason was the realtek driver or the Logitech setpoint to install that may be installed also the latest drivers or it's keep quite the devices that are problematics...

that's all

I update you in the next hours!!!!! my 2nd i5 sp3 is arrived today for the wife, so we will see if we reset it or not before the use, I want to check first which lot it is and the temperature of cpu before the reset.

Last edited:
OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

this is my task manager now, since 2 hours with just 2 java software I use for my job, internet explorer, then I have Skype enabled since windows start up and avast antivirus, setpoint of Logitech to control the batteries of mouse/keyboard, and onedrive that I can also pause syncing because I never use it.

Attachments

• task manager.jpg
    task manager.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 405

ynohtna

Now last thing, my Sp3 i7 is the lot 1429....... that is written in internet that lots 1428/1429 has trouble with high cpu temperature, fan etc etc, can my issue be connected to the lot unlucky or we are speaking of something different however?

Is this a fact? Link?

I have lot 1429. Maybe I would like to go back to the store for a newer SP3?