What's new

SP3 with Plugable Hub... four monitor?

az1787

Hello!
Is it possible with usb3.0 unpowered port connect the Plugable Hub usb3.0 and extend SP3 screen in multiple monitors?

See this video to understand what I'd like:

mohcho

Yes. The key is that the hub has to be powered. The SP3 USB port does not have enough power to power the hub and adaptors.

bluegrass

My Microsoft store has about 50 monitors side by side mounted to the walls all around the store. They are running in an extended screen mode so it looks like about a 100 foot ride screen in a semicircle around the room. It looks quite impressive. Wonder if they are connected to a Surface. There's an Apple store a few doors down and across the way in the mall. I haven't visited it yet to see how it is laid out.

malberttoo

Hello!
Is it possible with usb3.0 unpowered port connect the Plugable Hub usb3.0 and extend SP3 screen in multiple monitors?

See this video to understand what I'd like:

You should be aware, that I believe that the Pluggable stuff makes you install software to use their devices. That software I think renders the video, and therefore runs your CPU usage up like 20%.

Just an FYI, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The primary vender of USB Virtual GPUs is DisplayLink (there is another player as well), Pluggable uses their chips in all of their products. DisplayLink is the best place to get the latest drivers and yes they render in CPU...

surfdock

You should be aware, that I believe that the Pluggable stuff makes you install software to use their devices. That software I think renders the video, and therefore runs your CPU usage up like 20%.

Just an FYI, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Malbertoo, DisplayLink CPU utilization has improved quite a bit with their 7.6 drivers. 20% usage is not typical and is far less in most cases. Windows update will grab the drivers automatically once you plug in the dock so you don't really need anything from pluggable. Pluggable has *great* support based in Bellevue, WA and will help you with any technical issues though.

malberttoo

Malbertoo, DisplayLink CPU utilization has improved quite a bit with their 7.6 drivers. 20% usage is not typical and is far less in most cases. Windows update will grab the drivers automatically once you plug in the dock so you don't really need anything from pluggable. Pluggable has *great* support based in Bellevue, WA and will help you with any technical issues though.

Thanks for the correction. :D