What's new

SP3 woke up in folio case

kozak79

On my SP2 I added Restart and Power tiles (used OblyTile to do it) and just power down with one finger tap. I also changed what happens when you close lid under the power settings, set it to shutdown when the lid is closed (keyboard is closed).

OP
wynand32

wynand32

Nice trick, thanks. Any way to not have the cmd box open when you restart?

Actually, that's a good question. The "/k" parameter should keep the command window open, but on mine doesn't seem to do so.

Anyways, try putting "/c" instead, and it shouldn't be there. Please let me know if that works; if it does, I'll update the post to offer that as an option.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to chime in, I haven't had my SP3 "wake" while in transit, I also don't use the power button to put it into CS, I just close the cover and slide it into my sleeve....

OP
wynand32

wynand32

I posted about this separately as well, but I'll add it here: it's possible that I accidentally hit the power switch when I put the SP3 in the case. I've noticed that the power button takes less than a second of depression to wake the SP3, and I've found myself accidentally hitting it and waking up the machine.

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but it seems like the power button responds too quickly (and/or is too easily depressed). Thoughts?