What's new

Solved SP4 cover doesn't work with SP3

LRB

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around but didn't see anything.

So this is my first Surface. I've had it for 5 days and the cover for 3. I've tried removing it and reconnecting it a million times. I've tried refresh and recovery (losing everything I loaded on it in the process), windows updates (8.1), and holding the volume + button and the off button simultaneously and the stupid thing still will not work.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I mean it has to be me since no one else appears to be having this problem. And I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot but at this point I can live with that!

Thanks.

Nice looking forum by the way. :)

leeshor

Welcome aboard

I know it works, but the only ones I've seen it work on had Windows 10 installed.Have you checked for updates with it attached?

OP
L

LRB

Yes, 43 of them bad boys this morning. Had me really excited there too but nothing.

That could be the issue though and something worth exploring. Thanks!

OP
L

LRB

First off, I am a complete idiot.

Secondly, if this site had a face palm emoji, I would need about 5 of them for this post.

Lastly, from this point forward you may address me by my real name; Mo Ron. :insert face palm:

Basically I have a Surface 3, not a Surface Pro 3. I ordered it online from at&t after seeing the new Surface 4 commercials on TV (the 3 is all they offer at this time). I've used two Netbooks for the past five years from them with great satisfaction, but didn't want a traditional tablet so I've been holding out. The Surface is billed as the tablet that can replace your laptop though so I bit on it.

What I saw when I ordered it was Surface 3 with Windows 8.1 Pro, and somehow confused that with Surface Pro 3. :insert face palm:

Anyway, I should have known something was amiss when the SP4 cover arrived and was much bigger than the tablet. :insert face palm:

So I now have the correct cover (which worked right off the bat without a hitch) and it is as tight to type on as some of the reviews I read indicated, but that is obviously for another forum. :insert face palm:

Having gone through all of that, I have spent some time on this forum and like it. It sucks that I had to make a buffoon of myself to find it but I am glad I did. Found it that is, not made a buffoon of myself. :insert last and final face palm: