What's new

SP4 delivery problems

DiggerG

Ordered SP4/i7/8/256 on 10/9. Website shows shipping on or before 11/20.So I called the store number and was told they had no info on second batch(???) But to expect delivery in 6-7 weeks!!! But don't worry because they will send a $50 credit towards my next order.

Uhhh... maybe my next order is to cancel this one and buy an iPad Pro. Anyone else having delivery issues?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

They are running short of several models. A customer tried yesterday to get an i5 16GB. Nobody ha them but it appears they do have some i7s in stock on the WEB Store, even the 1TB.

Afy

Ordered SP4/i7/8/256 on 10/9. Website shows shipping on or before 11/20.So I called the store number and was told they had no info on second batch(???) But to expect delivery in 6-7 weeks!!! But don't worry because they will send a $50 credit towards my next order.

Uhhh... maybe my next order is to cancel this one and buy an iPad Pro. Anyone else having delivery issues?
Please do.
Evidently the SP is not for you since you do not even realise that the two devices are not in the same category. Sheesh..

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like panicking over nothing.

The i7 models of the SP4 did not release on the 6th like the other models, they were originally scheduled for first customer ship on Nov 20 due to Intel's release schedule for the i7-6650U chip. The i7-6650U is the only Skylake chip with Iris 540 graphics used in all the SP4 & SB models. The SB i7 models have the i7-6600u with HD 520 graphics (but they also have the NVIDIA dGPU) which was available earlier along with the other chips used.

The i7 SP4 like fine wine will not ship before it's time but will ship on time. :)

cldittus

When I pre ordered my SP4 i7 on 10/6/15 I was told that it would not ship until 11/20....my order states "in process" which I would assume means that they have received the order and when they become available they will ship them. On the day they announced the SP4 they stated that certain models will start to ship 10/26 and others not until end of Nov. 1TB models can be preordered but will not ship until the new year.
I guess what I am trying to say to the OP....you are not alone...certain models are shipping later then others, the people on the other end of the phone when you call that number don't always know what is really going on as far as orders go.... you should see an update to your order come 11/20....if not then I would try giving them a call again. Until then unfortunately we just have to be patient.

Christi

Last edited:
OP
D

DiggerG

Many thanks to GreyFox7 and cidittus. It's nice to know I am not the only one with this problem. Gives me resolve to hang in. And to Afy-What do I say?...Probably nothing!