SP4 external 4k display

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by Grumpy Wolf, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Grumpy Wolf

Grumpy Wolf New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I recently hooked my sp4 back up to my tv to use it as a steam streaming device. I have done this before and it worked fine, and it was hooked up to a SP2 which was doing 4k fine (but only 30hz). Problem I'm running into now is the device will not output higher than 1920 x 1080. I tried a second mini dp to hdmi adapter, same issue, I tried another cable, same issue. I then moved it to my other 4k tv. Same exact issue, I then hooked it up to my ultra wide 3440 x 144o monitor, that worked fine. I updated the device fully, I even installed the official intel drivers and tried to force the resolution through the intel software and it wouldn't allow it. I just did a full reset with the official SP4 image from Microsoft. Same problem, I'm updating it now, but I suspect it will have the same problem. I actually used to work for surface support and these were always nightmare calls that we usually couldn't fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Roel likes this.
  2. Roel

Roel New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Hi, I have the same problem. My SP4 displays HD on a 4K TV and on a 4K monitor, while my SP3 displays in 4K on both.