What's new

SP4 i7 256GB 16GB BDOS - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Dirty Surface

Hi all
Had SP4 for about a week.
Experienced my first BSOD for as long as I can remember across several laptops and PC's

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.

This is a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Could be bluetooth related as I have a BT mouse and keyboard and had unpluged mouse from usb (to recharge) and it had become BT disconnected, then BSOD'ed

Also experienced the black screen of nothingness after wake from sleep, and the Wifi can't be bothered to reconnect after sleep (I have the wifi during sleep unticked)

SP4 has a clean win-10 install, all win updates, etc etc (no beta drivers)

Finally bitlocker is turned on by default with these devices. Has anyone tried to unlock bitlocker using a WinPE boot usb, manage-bde and either the .bek file or the passkey? All my attempts failed. This was an educational experiment not a disaster scenario, but you might want to reassure yourself you can unlock your data if you can't boot windows from the C: drive.

Thanks
DS

Afy

The error surfaced during the preview builds, and generally was related to three possible causes:
1. The video driver- Delete the driver and install the current driver.
2. The synaptics driver, and sometimes an external mouse.- Delete the offending drivers
3. The quick power on/ fast start options- you need to disable them.
Additionally check the disk for corruption.
You could also reset the machine to factory settings
or
It might be easier to do a fresh install if all else fails.
If you are technically inclined wade through TechNet for more information.
Sorry that I can't be of more help. Do let us know how it goes.

OP
Dirty Surface

Dirty Surface

Hi Afy

This is a fresh Windows-10 install
Also winbuild 10586.104 which is not the redstone branch/preview
Also 20.19.15.4326 display driver which I believe is the current one

It could be the logitech mx master mouse driver, but have had the same driver working fine on a win-10 build on a Lenovo laptop

Thanks anyway