What's new

SP4 OS Flawed?

Nspyr

Is there something wrong with the OS installed with SP4? Has anyone tried to download the recovery image from MS website and install that?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Your particular install may be flawed, but I don't see the base image deployed is flawed. The Intel foundational drivers are hugely flawed and I know Microsoft and Intel are working together to fix those issues and any fixes will also be sent out to the rest of the OEMs to fix their equivalent issues.

One way test is do a full reset and then update prior to installing anything else.

leeshor

It may be your premise that's flawed. There isn't an issue with Windows 10 on the SP4 that people aren't having on other Surface tablets or on many other Windows 10 portable devices. Every Skylake equipped laptop I've seen has some issues with Windows 10.

Maybe if you could get more specific about the problems you're having?

In answer to your last question, yes, there are quite a few threads where people have managed an install of Windows 10 from a fresh image download.

OP
N

Nspyr

Thanks for the reply jnjroach & leeshor. My issues right now are pretty much the same as everyone else. The recovery image just sounded like a good idea.

Empyre

I used the recovery image, had to run software update before the touch screen and surface pen would work but since then it's worked beautifully although I made sure to switch over to 'hibernate' when I hit the power button or 'close the lid' this solved the screen being on perpetually during sleep

OP
N

Nspyr

I used the recovery image, had to run software update before the touch screen and surface pen would work but since then it's worked beautifully although I made sure to switch over to 'hibernate' when I hit the power button or 'close the lid' this solved the screen being on perpetually during sleep

Sounds good. In the process of downloading the image.