SP4 rumors

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by drolem, Jan 2, 2015.

1. drolem

drolem Active Member

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/577762/20150102/surface-pro-3-4.htm

The next iteration of Surface Pro will come out with Win 10, and roughly at the same time, that's for sure. However, I think the Mini was canned for good, and MS abandoned the small form factor market, especially since Win 8.1 is free on small tablets. ( see: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2139...iot-and-small-mobile-devices-but-not-pcs.html )

On the other hand, a tablet with a 14" display is very possible, and will follow the trend from SP1,2 to SP3.

2. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

Ah, that highly reputable news outlet :lol:

B'midbar and NeilG like this.
  3. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Although I know this will never happen I would really love seeing a larger screen SP4 with a Yoga Style keyboard and 3:2 aspect ratio. I'd never have traded my Yoga 2 Pro in for an SP3 in the first place if Lenovo weren't such idiots about refusing to include a digitizer in their "Pro" product.

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm a little surprised Logitech hasn't made a keyboard for the Surface, one that uses the keyboard connector not Bluetooth.

Logitech Keyboard, Surface Type Cover Hinge and connector or a mechanical hinge model + battery.
    They make a new iPad keyboard about every quarter... :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  5. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

Here's a new one...
    SP4 will include a Snapdragon 810 coprocessor to run native Android apps simultaneously/side-by-side.
    You can partition 8-16gb of ram between Windows and Android. 4-12/4-12, 5-13/3+, 6-14/2+.
    Two USB, Micro SD, & DisplayPorts homed to either Windows or Android with virtualized bidirectional pass through.
    Two Wifi Adapters can be aggregated or split and homed to Windows or Android with virtual adapter support.
    GPU virtualization allows using both GPUs simultaneously on Windows or Android dynamically.
    USB 3.1 10gbps, type C reversible connectors.
    Power Connector/expansion bus implemented as 16GT/s PCIe 4.0
    Keyboard connector upgraded to USB 3.1 interface allowing use by other devices such as 3rd party expansion keyboards & docking stations.