SP4 Settings, Control Center Freeze

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by Syed Mohammed Ali Qadri, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Syed Mohammed Ali Qadri

Syed Mohammed Ali Qadri New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Hi!

I have been having issues with my SP4 for about 3 days now. It started with my Adobe and Drawboard pdfs freezing, which is a different problem, but it progressed into my settings freezing, control panel freezing, and even Task Manager! I thought all these problems had something to do with a previous update, but I can't even access that to undo the update cause it freezes before I can even get to it. Help!

I am a college student and I do everything on this machine. It has been extremely reliable for past 3 years and really need it every day of the week.
    Thanks for the help in advance.

2. MikemanSP4

MikemanSP4 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Have you tried to un-install/reinstall the Surface Pro 4 Drivers? If you can, use the link below to download the latest drivers for your machine. Once downloaded, open the file, when prompted - remove (See picture) , reboot, then of course - reinstall. Hopefully your machine won't freeze up before you can get to this.

Capture.PNG

Link to drivers as mentioned above - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware-for-surface

Additionally - When you state - "Control Panel Freezing", "Settings Freezing" - Do you mean that ONLY these items freeze up and perhaps state "Settings is no longer responding" - OR is the computer completely freezing up and a hard reboot is required?

I would definitely try to reload the Surface Drivers as mentioned above before you reload your machine. Please let me know if this helps, or I can be of any further assistance.

Mike

Attached Files: