What's new

Special Surface/Surface Pro Offer at WPC (Houston - July 7-11)

kristalsoldier

These are the times I wish I had NOT bought the RT! I could have easily got some of my friends to pick one up for me at these heavily discounted prices. Lesson to be learnt here?

JohnF

These are the times I wish I had NOT bought the RT! I could have easily got some of my friends to pick one up for me at these heavily discounted prices. Lesson to be learnt here?

As an early adopter I assume there'll be a better deal down the road with better, cheaper models. The problem is that I don't want to wait the months it will take to get that deal. That's why I got my Surface Pro on the weekend it was released and don't worry about what they cost now because I've gotten to use it for a few months instead of having to wait. I already waited about a year or so and avoided other tablets on the rumor that Microsoft would release a tablet that was a full PC. I wasn't disappointed.

The lesson to be learned is that if you worry about things like this then you shouldn't be an early adopter. Otherwise enjoy what you have. If you thought it was worth it when you bought it then what's really changed?

kristalsoldier

As an early adopter I assume there'll be a better deal down the road with better, cheaper models. The problem is that I don't want to wait the months it will take to get that deal. That's why I got my Surface Pro on the weekend it was released and don't worry about what they cost now because I've gotten to use it for a few months instead of having to wait. I already waited about a year or so and avoided other tablets on the rumor that Microsoft would release a tablet that was a full PC. I wasn't disappointed.

The lesson to be learned is that if you worry about things like this then you shouldn't be an early adopter. Otherwise enjoy what you have. If you thought it was worth it when you bought it then what's really changed?

True! And, I don't regret the Surface RT that I have based on its performance and/ or the use that I have got out of it thus far...but still considering that the RT was released in the UK market early this year this is a bit early to firesale the line because there is an upgrade on the way...I would expect a line to be "live" for at least 9-12 months?

roteixeira

Of course they are cheap... Specially when you consider that you have to pay 2.500 dollars to get into that event... lol

mitchellvii

Seems awesome until you realize how much it costs to attend these things.

I'm tempted to put my SP up for sale right now while I can still get something for it and just use the desktop until the new Haswells come out. Afraid if I wait until they are out I won't get jack for this. But then again could just give it to the GF.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

I haven't even started using my Pro properly yet (waiting until I can afford a USB 3.0 dock!) so I would be pretty gutted to see a Pro 2 reveal next week... but I guess it's going to happen sometime.

Since 1997 when I got my first computer, I've bought a new one every 4 years (no real reason anymore... OCD!) so I plan on keeping this model until I guess the Pro 5 lol.