spro 2 rumors

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by mtalinm, Sep 4, 2013.

1. mtalinm

mtalinm Active Member

2. curney

curney Member

called it. no way they were going to call it quits.

3. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Will believe it when I see it. If MS does this it is a dumb move. It is wrong form factor for professionals as indicated by the horrible sales of Surface Pro I. A lot of 'allegedly's" and "Maybe's" and "one-days" in that article.

People didn't not buy the SP because it is a bad device but because it is the wrong device for the market it is pursuing. If MS does this it will just be to save face for the brand. The surely don't expect it to sell well.

4. Spaniard

Spaniard Active Member

5. mitchellvii

My Device:
    SPro3
    Unless the SP II (if there ever actually is one) is 11.6 inches, has 2 usb 3.0 ports and a backlit keyboard it will fail as a business device. Period. No one will suddenly rush to buy this wrong form factor for an extra 2 hours of battery.

6. Spaniard

Spaniard Active Member

Maybe "the third" Surface Pro will be like that (remember the EA Excelsior C22). This's really an update, not the next generation... they should call it Surface Pro 1.5 LOL

Soon all this people will be working on Surface Pro 3:
    [​IMG]

7. curney

curney Member

the sp2 is going to be like the bump from the last mba to the new mba. incremental. this bump requires very little r and d and will build on the momentum of the sp1. that momentum is small but very few first gen products are out of the park hits. not every device can be an ipad. they also need a new product in the actual stores bringing people into see and buy other things.

I hope the accessories all fit from the sp1... chargers and cases.

very excited

8. oion

oion Well-Known Member

My Device:
    S2
    Out of all the of user reviews and comments about the Surface Pro, I've never seen anyone complain about lack of backlit keyboard. And out of all the user reviews and comments from actual users, the most common legitimate complaint was.... wait for it.......... battery life. And since you completely failed to address one of my posts in an earlier thread when you complained about screen size, I'll repost it here for your benefit:

Another point:

If the Surface screen size is such a critical factor to its failure according to you, why are iPads--which have smaller screen size--popular in the BYOD business IT model?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. mitchellvii

My Device:
    SPro3
    @ oion

Surface Pro sales sucked. If they mimic the same form factor they will suck again. Why are all of MS's competitors making hybrids with backlit keyboards and no one is copying the SP? These other companies do market research too.

Anyway, unless the price is dramatically reduced a Haswell refresh on SP will do no better than the original SP.

10. Name Taken

Name Taken Active Member

The second generation Surface Pro will likely have greater then 1080p resolution meaning Windows needs to be scaled up even more to be viewable on a 10.6" screen. Microsoft is apparently working on a way for the scaling to be set different when connected to an external monitor so hopefully that will be implemented in Windows 8.1.

2 people like this.
  11. oion

oion Well-Known Member

My Device:
    S2
    Your thinking lacks logical progression between "bad sales" and just "form factor," as I explained and as you yet again failed to comprehend and directly address. Perhaps you're completely clueless about how critical marketing is in local and world economies, and you don't work for a large company like I do with significant extant ecosystem investment. If a backlit keyboard was such a big deal, then consumers would complain about it for the Surface; that's not even a nominal complaint found in actual user reviews. Frankly, as a touch-typist, none of the laptops I've ever used had back-lit keyboards, and only the F/J finger dots matter.

First you claim that ALL competitors don't make 10-ish products, therefore the Surface Pro sales sucked, and now you switch gears and claim it's only about backlit keyboards. Sounds like you're desperate to find hardware reasons for sale problems.

Oh, check out the competitor screen sizes: List of Windows 8 and RT tablet devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, but with your hyperbole and failure to think about the big picture at all (quote my actual points and counter them), I just can't take you seriously. Onwards, I guess.

4 people like this.
  12. Ruffles

Ruffles Active Member

I'm 99.9% set on upgrading to the Pro 2. I was just hoping on a little more than 2 hour gain in battery life. Apple almost doubled the MBA battery life thru a combination of Haswell + bigger battery. I was hoping MS would do the same. Since I only get around 3.5 hours with mine, 5.5 hours would be better but I'd still be unhappy. I want 7 hours real world life.