What's new

SPro 4 Wake Issues related to keyboard

mountain

Guys,

First of all thanks everybody for being such a great resource, since buying my SP4 I have been reading the forum daily. I have a i5/4gb/128.

So far it runs great without the keyboard. When the new S4 keyboard is attached I have the following issues:

-When keyboard is flipped backwards, when using power button to wake machine I can see the backlight on screen is on very dimly, and it takes 10 to 30 seconds for it to boot.

-When keyboard is closed over the screen, sometimes it turns back on, most of the time it does not.

-In either scenario after 5 to 20 minutes, It will not come on at all. Actually it is hard to tell if it is on or not - the keyboard backlights are on but otherwise I see nothing. Only way to get it back running is to re-boot via hold power button. Doing this takes me to some strange service screen with about 5 options on a menu on left, one of which is 'Exit' which usually works and restarts the machine.

Without the keyboard it seems to run fine. Anybody experience this as well? I wonder if it is a problem with the SP4 or the keyboard. Keyboards are simple devices and so far I have not seen anyone complain about them. My guess is that it is related to a video driver issue.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

EMINENT

Try a quick press of power and volume button and see if you get the lock screen. Works for me.

Last edited:
OP
M

mountain

When I hold power and volume button I end up with reboot. Sometimes I get a repair screen (next time I will take a photo). Only way to get it running again is reboot.

Zeebrock

I have had a similar issue recently. With the keyboard attached, when I close the k/b and then later reopen it the k/b does not respond. No lights, input is not recognized. Detaching and reattaching the k/b does nothing. I have to hard reset the device and even then sometimes that does not work first time.