What's new

SPro4 not accessible Help?

xxnonamexx

I changed permissions to a folder in order to have access to delete the files. I am the admin. However once I restart the Surface I get either the surface logo and the swirling reboot icon (dots in circle) and it just sits there or I get just the circles and it sits. Is there a way I can boot into safe mode? I cannot get to my desktop screen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you need to download the recovery image and create a bootable drive and do a repair...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
How do I go about doing that? Will I lose everything currently on my surface?
Start Here:
Surface won’t turn on | Windows won’t start | Troubleshoot Surface battery

Then move to here:
Download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface

Then Here:
Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

And finally:
Restore or reset Microsoft Surface | Surface factory settings

You will need a 8+ GB USB Thumb Drive formatted to Fat32....done correctly you won't lose anything. Your other option is heading to a local Microsoft Store and asking for assistance.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

I have the recovery image on a usb when I reset the surface I get the a message there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made. I do not want to lose my files, documents. What else can I do to save my files.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are you near a Microsoft retail store? Another option it's trying to got into safe mode and see it you can undo the changes you made.... Got from the drive asked chose Advanced Options.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
How do I get in safe mode on a surface
The first screen will ask you to choose the layout for your keyboard. Select the one you want to use, or if you don't see it listed, press on "See more keyboard layouts" to get the complete list of available layouts.

win10_safemode_15.png

Once you chose your keyboard layout, on the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.

win10_safemode_16.png

Then, on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.

win10_safemode_10.png

On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.

The following steps you need to make in order to boot into Safe Mode are the same ones we showed in the second method from this guide.
On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.

win10_safemode_11.png

Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in order to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.

win10_safemode_12.png

After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot options you want enabled. To get into Safe Mode, you have three different options.

To enable Safe Mode press the F4 key on your keyboard, to enable Safe Mode with Networking press F5 and to enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt press F6.

win10_safemode_13.png