What's new

SquareTrace vs Microsoft Complete

Hello,

I am trying to decide what extended warranty to get. Any suggestions?

I know there are some who think it is a waste, but I am going to get one.

Thanks!

doug301

I was wondering the same thing. After reading the terms and conditions is seems like SquareTrade covers more? For example, ST covers LCD burnout and screen related issues while MS Complete does not. There is a slightly higher deductible with ST, but the plan is overall cheaper, and you can get it for 3 years, not just two with MS Complete. But with ST, you do have to mail it.

Does MS Complete cover all mechanical failures?

wynand32

Going through Microsoft would be far less hassle. Especially if you have a Store nearby.

I remember reading that we can't actually exchange machines via Complete at physical stores, but have to go through online support. Is this true?

leeshor

I remember reading that we can't actually exchange machines via Complete at physical stores, but have to go through online support. Is this true?
I seem to remember some people calling support first but ending up going to the store for the exchange. But I could be wrong. As @wynand32 pointed out, with Square Trade you need to send it in.

Thanks, everyone.

I think that I am going with Microsoft Complete. I live literally minutes from an MS store, so I think that will go with that plan. It seems like a pretty solid plan.

Chuck_IV

Yea I went with MS Complete as well, skipping the Squaretrade off from where I bought it (Staples). The MD store by me had not ossues signing me jp for Complete even though I didn't buy from them.