What's new

Still getting 08/07/2014 update in WU?

Ceepeebee

Hi guys

Exactly what it says on the tin. I'll install updates via Windows Update and all of a sudden, the "System Hardware Update - 08/07/2014" is showing as required. If I install all updates, including it it goes away, only to return at a later date.

Anyone else get this?

Sihaz

I just had a firmware update appear this morning. i rebooted the machine and it did indeed say at the black surface logo "please wait while we perform a system update". maybe it was actually a new firmware....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys

Exactly what it says on the tin. I'll install updates via Windows Update and all of a sudden, the "System Hardware Update - 08/07/2014" is showing as required. If I install all updates, including it it goes away, only to return at a later date.

Anyone else get this?
That happens when typically when it detects a different driver version then what is considered stable or if the update was applied without the Type Cover on during updating.

GoodBytes

A new firmware of the Surface Pro 1, 2 and 3 was just released.

• Surface Pro UEFI update (v2.05.0150) improves the PXE boot experience with the 1 gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter and further enhances the system security.
  • HD Graphics Family driver update (v10.18.14.4029) enhances display stability and performance, improves user experience when using Miracast adapters. Improves compatibility with DisplayPort monitors and daisy chaining.

As jnjroach explained,
System Hardware Update IS NOT THE SAME as System Firmware Update.

OP
C

Ceepeebee

A new firmware of the Surface Pro 1, 2 and 3 was just released.

As jnjroach explained,
System Hardware Update IS NOT THE SAME as System Firmware Update.

That's all well and good but I'm still getting an update from July 2014...surely this is incorrect?!?