What's new

Still have issues with camera not turning on after overnight sleep

mtmowl

As the topic says. when my SB comes out of sleep mode after a long duration, as overnight, the Hello camera fails to open and I have to resort to a manual pw. Disconnecting the tablet and reconnecting it will usually bring up the camera. Any known fixes?
Thanks.

Bandito

I'd review your Windows Update logs carefully to see if any of your updates have failed to install. Since the April updates, I have not experienced any further problems with the Windows Hello camera.

If you want to be sure that you've got all of the updates, download and run the cumulative update package, the .msi version, from Microsoft here:

Download Surface Book Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

That will get you everything through the end of April. Run it and let it install and then restart. After you've restarted, check Windows Update to see if it needs to restart again. You may need to do this three or four times to get everything taken care of. Then there will be a few more updates from May that it should find when you run Windows Update again.

Hopefully that will fix you up and eliminate the problems that you're experiencing with the cameras.

OP
M

mtmowl

Thanks. The Hello feature was working fine for a while but only recently started to act up. I'm pretty sure I've run all the updates, but I'll give it a shot anyway. What haveIgot to lose? I'll have a better idea by tomorrow.